Sunday, March 31, 2013

Short Story Review: Z is for Zombie

I just finished reading a short story/novelette called "Z is for Zombie" by  Nick Miller and published by John T. Arant.  It's a free e-book available on my Nook from Smashwords.  It's also patterned after the television show "The New Girl" which stars Zoey Deschanel.  Since I don't watch the show, I probably missed a few inside jokes in the story.

However, I didn't let this didn't slow me down and dove right into the story.  It's a quick read, written in a light, humorous, jazzy style about a young man who lives in Rythm City.  His city is hit by a strange meteor that zombifies a zoo animal, other animals, and many people in the city.  The transformation into a Zombie is addressed and how that might affect a relationship is explored in a light way.

Overall, this story was a bit oddball.  But, that's what makes Zombie Lit fun.

Here's the link:  Z is for Zombie


By Amber Ragland (Amber Ragland) [GFDL (http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html) or CC-BY-SA-3.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons

No comments:

Post a Comment